Did you ever feel like you didn't have a good reason to get up in the morning? That might be true for any other day of the year except for the Fourth of July in Andover. Be forewarned: you should set your alarm early so you can join the other early risers in town that enjoy the Andover Lions Club pancake breakfast! Consider that your launch pad for a wonderful day!
- Here's an agenda that will keep you at a dead run:
- Market, games, and concessions on the Village Green
- Firecracker 5 K foot race
- Opening ceremonies: Flag Raising, National Anthem, Patriotic Medley, Recitation of Andover's fallen soldiers
- Kearsarge Community Band on the Village Green
- Kids Parade
- Road Relics Car Show
- Continuous music on the Village Green
- Softball game
- Closest to the pin contest
- Hamburgers, hotdogs, sausage subs, drinks, strawberry shortcake, cotton candy, sno-cones, pies, and much, much more
- Book sale
- Historic Fourth of July slide show
- Maxwell Savage bell ringing
Check your programs for times.
If the weather doesn't cooperate, never fear! The committee has instituted a rain date on Saturday, July 8. There will not be a parade but float entrees are encouraged to bring their floats to the Andover Elementary Middle School parking lot for judging and prizes. Kid’s crafts, games, and concessions will all take place on the Village Green. Cancellation due to rain will be posted on the Andover town website, as well as on the Andover 4th Facebook page: Andover, New Hampshire Fourth of July. Speaking of Facebook, check out our page anyway!
It takes a significant amount of funding to run this Andover event. Judy Perreault has put together another raffle this year. The prizes are: 1) One Night for Two, including Breakfast at Highland Lake Inn, 32 Maple Street, East Andover; 2) an Italian Picnic Basket; 3) a $25 Market Basket Gift card and a $25 Hannaford Gift Card. Tickets will be on sale at the transfer station on Swap Day Saturdays, May 13 and June 10. They will also be on sale on the Village Green on the Fourth of July. Or you can contact Judy Perreault at 735-5493. The drawing will take place later in the day on the Fourth of July. There will be no door to door collections this year due to the vote at Town Meeting. The committee wishes to thank the many people who have helped us canvas the town for so many years. We also wish to extend our thanks to Proctor Academy for the use of their facilities. They have been good neighbors for decades.
As we have said before, if you enjoy laughter and the feeling of camaraderie, please consider joining our committee. You won't regret it!