Tucker Mountain Schoolhouse Last Open House for the Season

Sunday from 1-3 PM

Press Release

The Tucker Mountain Schoolhouse will hold its last open house of the season on Sunday, October 8th from 1-3 PM. Visits throughout the year may be arranged by calling 735-5586 or contacting the Andover Historical Society at AndoverHistory.org

A walk over Tucker Mt. to the gravesite of William will begin at the schoolhouse at noon. This walk takes about an hour and a half – round trip. (Weather permitting)

William Tucker was one of the original settlers and donated the land to build the school in 1836. His farmhouse was located across the road from the school and burned down about 1903. He is buried near what is known as the King's place and today, on King Road in the town of Hill.

Donna Baker- Hartwell will be the hiking guide. If you have further questions call 735-5586 or email at donnabh@nulltds.net

Refreshments and apple cider will be served at the school.