ANDOVER SCHOOL BOARD
ANDOVER ELEMENTARY/MIDDLE SCHOOL
NOVEMBER 7, 2017
1. ROLL CALL AND CALL TO ORDER: The Andover School Board meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by Michelle Dudek, Board Chair.
Board Present: Michelle Dudek, Dean Barker, Brian Gilman, Annie MacKenzie and Mark Heller
Administration Present: Mark MacLean, Randy Wormald, Robin Heins, Kathleen Boucher, Jane Slayton and Judith Turk.
Public Present: Tina Cotton, Sarah Edmunds, Andrew Tyler
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
For the PUBLIC SESSION of October 3, 2017, Mark H motioned to accept the minutes and Dean made the second. All were in favor and the minutes were approved with no discussion.
3. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
4. FINANCIAL REPORT: Current budget figures were presented in the packet. Dean motioned to accept the Financial Report, Mark H made the second. All were in favor and the report was approved.
5. BOARD CHAIRPERSON’S REPORT: Michelle reminded ASB members that there will be a SAU Board Meeting, scheduled for December 7th at Merrimack Valley High School. The Business Meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m. An Open House will be held for Andover Police Chief Glenn Laramie in honor of his retirement on Sunday, November 12th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. at the Andover Town Hall. Michelle has received an email from Vicky Mishcon regarding the signing of the deed to the town offices. Michelle needs to consult with the attorney and the Planning Board.
6. PRINCIPAL’S REPORT: See attached
Andrew Tyler, AEMS Technology Integrator spoke about the recent power outage and the school's loss of internet, the Robotics Team and the upcoming Bridge Building Competition.
7. OLD BUSINESS:
A. AEMS Building Project Update: Several contractors recently toured the building with CCI Construction. There is now a blog dedicated to the building project located on the AEMS website. Updates will be posted as developments occur.
8. NEW BUSINESS:
A. October 1st Enrollment: The student enrollment as of 10/1/2017 was 252 students.
9. MANIFEST JOURNAL ENTRIES SIGNING: Mark H moved to approve the signing of the manifest/journal entries. Annie made the second. All were in favor and the journal entries were approved.
10. SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT: Mark M stated that a public infrastructure grant is being pursued through the New Hampshire Department of Education. Other grant applications have been submitted with the assistance of the SAU auditor and legal advisors.
11. ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT: Randy stated that he enjoyed his recent visit to AEMS for Math Night and that he was impressed with the attendance and community involvement. He is pursuing grants in support of the Bridge Building and Robotics projects that are currently underway at AEMS. He looks forward to working with Mr. Tyler on these student opportunities.
12. ADJOURNMENT: Mark H moved to adjourn at 7:10 p.m. and Annie made the second. All were in favor, meeting adjourned.