The Andover Fish and Game Club (AF&G) would like to announce the winners for the First Annual Old Fashioned Ice Fishing Derby and for this year’s Deer Pool. The Derby was held on January 27 on Highland Lake in Andover. It was a nice day for the 144 Adult and 44 Junior anglers who came out to catch some trout.
Prizes were awarded for the largest four trout in each Division, as follows:
1. Brandon Pearl, 4.12 lb Brook. Prizes: Wicker pack basket, Eskimo chisel, 2 Heritage tip ups, skimmer, jig rod/reel combo.
2. Tim Braley, 3.12 lb Brook. Jet sled, 2 Heritage tip ups, skimmer.
3. Steve Barton, 3.11 lb Brook. Eskimo chisel.
4. Dicky Eldridge, 3.07 lb Brook. 8” hand auger.
1. Karson Cox, 1.06 lb Rainbow. Wicker pack basket, jig rod/reel combo, skimmer, 4 Polar tip ups, tackle box, bait bucket.
2. Aiden Heller, 1.03 lb Rainbow. Jet sled, 2 polar tip ups, jig rod/reel combo, bait bucket.
3. Daimien Eldridge, 1.01 lb Brook. 2 Heritage tip ups.
4. Dylan Heller, 1.00 lb Rainbow. 1 Heritage tip up.
A big thank you to Morse’s Sporting Goods in Hillsboro for selling us the Derby prizes at cost. Thank you to everyone who helped make this Derby a success, and to everyone who participated.
Another big thank you to Smith River Trading Post for selling us the 2017 Deer Pool Prizes at cost. Deer Pool winners and prizes are as follows:
1. Don Padgett, 235 lb, 8 pt. Trophy and 30.06 rifle.
2. Fran Heath, 196 lb, 10 pt. Bow package.
3. Vic Stewart, 192 lb, 8 pt. Game camera.
4. Two winners: Corey Safford and Mike Huntoon, each 189 lb. $70 gift certificate.
5. Brian Ordway, 181 lb, 9 pt. Gun case.
6. Robin Gowing, 176.5 lb, 8 pt. Buck knife.
7. Al Morgan, 175 lb, 9 pt. Gift certificate for cost of hunting license.
8. Michael French, 165.5 lb, 9 pt. Thermocell and refill.
9. Gary Currier, 163 lb, 8 pt. Sportman seat.
10. Richard Stetson, 160 lb, 8 pt. Compass.
Average Weight: Chuck Young, 135 lb. $50 cash.
As always, we would also like to thank everyone who attends our fundraising events throughout the year. Your help makes it possible for us to host the Kids’ Fishing Derbies and to contribute to other community activities.