Sunday, June 10 the school house will be open to the public from 1-3 PM. It will be open the second Sunday of each month through October. Special requests to visit may be arranged by contacting Donna Baker-Hartwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 735-5586. It is located two miles up Tucker Mt. Road from the Highland Lake Inn- Follow the signs from Rt. 11 in East Andover.
Built in 1837 for $100, the school served the mountain community for 56 years. It is on the National Registry of Historic Buildings and is owed and cared for by the Andover Historical Society. This school is the only one of about sixteen which remains in its original condition. Visitors will hear some of its history, see artifacts and books used during this period and enjoy refreshments.