- ROLL CALL AND CALL TO ORDER: The Andover School Board meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by ASB Chair, Dean Barker.
Board Present: Dean Barker, Brian Gilman, Theresa Georges and Aimee Menard.
Administration Present: Mark MacLean, Randy Wormald, Jane Slayton, Kathleen Boucher and Judith Turk.
Public Present: Tina Cotton
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
For the PUBLIC SESSION of December 4, 2018, Brian motioned to accept the minutes and Aimee made the second. All were in favor and the minutes were approved with no discussion.
For the WORK SESSION of December 11, 2018, Brian motioned to accept the minutes and Aimee made the second. All were in favor and the minutes were approved with no discussion.
For the WORK SESSION of December 18, 2018, Brian motioned to accept the minutes and Aimee made the second. All were in favor and the minutes were approved with no discussion.
3. FINANCE REPORT: Aimee motioned to accept the finance report. Brian made the second. All were in favor and the report was approved.
4. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
5. BOARD CHAIRPERSON’S REPORT: Dean thanked the Board and Administration regarding budget preparation efforts. He gave a reminder of the Public Budget Hearing scheduled for Wednesday, January 15th. There will be a meeting of the Andover School District Safety Committee on Wednesday, January 30th at 6:00 p.m.
6. PRINCIPAL’S REPORT: Jane spoke about the Spelling and Geography Bees, an upcoming Blood Drive as created as an event by an eighth grade student as a community service project, the eighth grade visit to Merrimack Valley High School, an upcoming safety assembly, a Leaders in Prevention Retreat to be attended by AEMS students, the Mandarin Club and the statewide assessments scheduled for April/May.
7. OLD BUSINESS:
A. AEMS Building Project Update: The administration continues to fine tune the funding that will be returned to the taxpayers following the completion of the construction project. They are anticipating the completion of some miscellaneous projects. The ASB signed consent to the Public School Infrastructure Grant Funds.
8. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Draft Warrant: The draft of the Andover School District Warrant for the annual Meeting to be held on March 4th and the Andover School District Election Warrant for March 12th were presented for review.
B. NHSBA- 2019 Delegate Assembly- Proposed Resolutions Summary: A summary document of submitted resolutions by the New Hampshire School Board Association was presented to the ASB. Aimee motioned to approve the proposed resolutions of the NHSBA 2019 Delegate Assembly. Brian made the second. All were in favor and the resolution proposal summary was approved.
9. MANIFEST JOURNAL ENTRIES TO SIGN: Brian made the motion to approve the journal entries. Theresa made the second. All were in favor and the entries were approved.
10. SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT: Mark expressed his appreciation to everyone for their collaboration with the Budget Committee in preparation for the presentation. The public hearing will be held on January 16th at the Andover Town Hall and the Annual Meeting will be held on March 4th at Andover Elementary Middle School.
11. ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT: Randy represented the Merrimack Valley School District and New Hampshire at a National Science Standards Conference, National Academy of Science recently held in Washington, D.C. Two AEMS alumni, Matthew and David Reynolds participated on the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Team that won the contest for the state of NH, resulting in $20,000 funding for school equipment.
12. ADJOURNMENT: Aimee made the motion to adjourn at 7:25 p.m., Brian made the second and all were in favor. Meeting adjourned.
School Board Minutes 1/15/19
January 15, 2019