Meeting convened at 6:42 p.m.
PRESENT: Marj Roy, Town Administrator; Chuck Keyser, Select Board Chair; Dave Blinn and Bill Keyser, Select Board Members; John Thompson, Road Agent; and Police Officer, Dan Mori
Also present were: Ed Becker and Jon Warzocha
ROAD AGENT REPORT by John Thompson
• Mud Season – The Highway Department has been working on the muddy roads and patching the mud holes. Thompson noted that mud season will soon be gone and it will be time to start with the cemeteries, summer projects and maintenance.
• Elbow Pond Road Culvert – Thompson reviewed the plans that Hoyle Tanner and Associates prepared.
• Last Street Bridge – Thompson expects to talk to the residents tomorrow about starting the project. Thompson already spoke to the Fire Department and the Police Department about safety issue plans.
• Shirley and Poplar Streets Recharge Basins – Thompson reviewed rough plans with Josif from Hoyle Tanner and Associates. Chuck Keyser asked Thompson if he thought the Board should meet with the Water Commissioners about the issues. Thompson agreed.
• Old College Road – Bill Keyser asked Thompson if he will be taking care of the big dip. Last week, Thompson was in touch with Jeff at GMI and also spoke to him today.
• Beaver Deceiver Maintenance – The deceivers on Switch Road need some maintenance and cleaning. Thompson indicated that the deceivers are generally cleaned out twice a year. Usually near Memorial Day and in the Fall when the leaves and sticks need to be cleaned out.
• Ed Becker – Mail Box Issue – Becker stated that during the winter plowing season, his mailbox was left shattered and wrecked by the plow drivers. However, he thinks a solution between Thompson and him has been made. The Highway Department will dig a hole for a new post. Roy will give Becker $35.00 for the replacement mail box. Becker will use that money to purchase a treated post. It was also agreed that the work won’t be done until the ground thaws but not later than April 10th unless otherwise agreed.
CONSERVATION MEMO – WHITE OAK PIT
Conservation is concerned about the wetland setbacks being adhered to. The Board discussed and decided that they would not be concerned at this point because the Town does not actually own the property. Once the property survey is completed, the Board will concern itself with the wetland issues.
ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT APPOINTMENT
The Board signed the appointment paperwork for Jon Warzocha for the open full member position. Warzocha signed the paperwork.
WORK SESSION SCHEDULE
• A regular work session is scheduled for next Monday, April 8, 2018 at 12:00 p.m.
• A short work session is scheduled for Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. to develop the new Appointed Road Agent position. Instead of having a committee for this process, the Board will hold one-on-one sessions to gather important information. The Board requested that Thompson be one of the experts.
BUSWELL PROPERTY ON MAIN STREET (Tax Map 20-268-419)
Roy received a phone message from the party interested in purchasing the property. Roy has a letter and a copy of the deed that Town Counsel drew up. At this time, Roy does not have the exact 2013-2017 tax figures for the purchase and will talk with the Tax Collector tomorrow to go over it and come up with a final figure for the interested party. Once that figure is calculated, Roy will contact the interested party with that number. The Board is allowed to assess 10% interest to cover the fees incurred.
CILLEYVILLE ROAD BRIDGE ABUTMENTS
Roy received an email message from Charlie Darling who noticed the abutments shifting. Darling spoke with Mark Stetson who was on the committee for this project. After discussion, the Board will have John Thompson review the abutments and give his opinion. The Board would like to resurrect the committee so that research for grants can be explored. If those are not available, the Board will discuss going to Town Meeting to request funding for the project work. Please see attached.
ELECTRICAL POLE AMENDMENTS by Marj Roy
The law changed in January. In order to have the utilities provide the Town with information for assessing, the first step is a petition to amend the pole and conduit licenses. The second step is to have a public hearing. The Public Hearing is set for Monday, April 15, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. The assessing will determine what the utilities owe the Town for taxes. This could change because the issue is still in litigation. Please see attached.
PREVIOUS MINUTES APPROVAL
After the Board reviewed the draft minutes of March 18, 2019, Chuck Keyser made the motion to accept and approve the March 18, 2019 minutes as written. Blinn seconded the motion. All in favor. The March 18, 2019 minutes are approved as written.
CORRESPONDENCE AND SIGNATURE
• Intent to Cut – Tim Gallagher – Flaghole Road (Tax Map 02-686-030)
• Intent to Excavate (Annual) – Jonathan Ohler – Morrill Hill Road (Tax Map 18-520-168)
• Gravel Tax Levy – Lenny Caron (Tax Map 20-490-291) January 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019
• Gravel Tax Levy – Jonathan Ohler (Tax Map 18-520-168) January 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019
Chuck Keyser made the motion to adjourn the meeting. Bill Keyser seconded the motion. All in favor. The meeting adjourned at 7:33 p.m.
Minutes prepared by Patricia Moyer, Select Board Secretary
Meeting convened at 6:42 p.m.