ANDOVER SCHOOL BOARD
ANDOVER ELEMENTARY/MIDDLE SCHOOL
FEBRUARY 5, 2019
1. ROLL CALL AND CALL TO ORDER: The Andover School Board meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by ASB Chair, Dean Barker.
Board Present: Dean Barker, Brian Gilman, Annie MacKenzie, Theresa Georges and Aimee Menard.
Administration Present: Mark MacLean, Randy Wormald, Jane Slayton, Kathleen Boucher and Judith Turk.
Public Present: Tina Cotton
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS:
For the PUBLIC SESSION of January 15, 2019, Aimee motioned to accept the minutes and Brian made the second. All were in favor and the minutes were approved with no discussion.
3. FINANCE REPORT: Annie motioned to accept the finance report. Aimee made the second. All were in favor and the report was approved.
4. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
5. BOARD CHAIRPERSON’S REPORT: Dean thanked everyone for their efforts with working with the Andover Budget Committee, especially Robin, Mark and Brian. Betsy Paine, the Moderator will need all of the information for the Annual Meeting. A work session will be scheduled. There will not be an ASB meeting in March due to the Annual Meeting. An organizational meeting will be held on April 2nd. Dean acknowledged and thanked Annie MacKenzie for her years of service to the Andover School Board and for her involvement with the Building Project.
6. PRINCIPAL’S REPORT: Jane outlined information relating to: Ed Camp (Staff in house training); Current Snow Day Count (4 days, 3 delays); Leaders in Prevention Retreat (rescheduled); After School Activities; Student Leadership Team (Spirit Week); MVHS Information Night; Proctor Academy Art Exhibit and the Parent Breakfast (2/21).
7. OLD BUSINESS:
A. 2019-2020 Proposed Budget
Annie motioned to accept the revised budget proposal of 5,655,656., as recommended by the Andover Town Budget Committee for the 2019-2020 school year. Brian made the second. All were in favor and the newly proposed budget was accepted.
8. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Closing of Capital Project: Aimee made the motion to close the capital project budget and transfer the remaining funds into the fund balance account. Theresa made the second. All were in favor and the motion was approved.
B. 2019 Warrant: Signed by Andover School Board Members
C. 2019-2010 AEMS School Calendar: Aimee made the motion to adopt the 2019-2020 proposed school calendar. Theresa made the second. All were in favor and the proposed calendar was approved.
9. MANIFEST JOURNAL ENTRIES TO SIGN: Annie made the motion to approve the journal entries. Brian made the second. All were in favor and the entries were approved.
10. SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT: Mark stated that he and Randy have almost completed the new teacher meetings. He thanked the Andover School Board for their hard work during the budget proposal season. They will continue to prepare for the Annual Meeting (March 4th) with another work session to be scheduled. There will not be a formal ASB meeting in March due to the annual meeting. An organizational meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 2nd.
11. ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT: Randy continues to support technology projects at AEMS including adjustments to the Nutri Kids System and assistance with security/surveillance camera accessibility with the Andover Police Department. He continues to investigate E Rate funding and wants to be more present at AEMS.
12. ADJOURNMENT: Annie made the motion to adjourn at 7:40 p.m., Theresa made the second and all were in favor. Meeting adjourned.
ANDOVER SCHOOL BOARD